Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Visit to Chicago & North Western's South Morrill, Nebraska Yard in 1991

While staying with friends in Gering, Nebraska in the summer on 1991, I was able to visit the Chicago and North Western coal operations at South Morrill, Nebraska.  It was exciting to see their brand new Dash-8 locomotives and SD60's with coal trains from the Powder River Basin.  I was especially excited to see the Wyoming Centennial locomotive.  It was one of the first Chicago & North Western locomotives I drew.
We also got to visit Alliance and see Burlington Northern.  There I got to see Burlington Northern's SD60M's including locomotive 1991 and hand out prints of my drawings to crews.  This stop was a highlight of my 1991 trip and certainly made me want to come home and begin drawing the many trains I had seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment