Thursday, February 4, 2016

Andy Fletcher's 11"x17" Posters That Are Available for Railroad Museums and Railroad Historical Societies




Here are six examples of 11”x17” posters whose printable 300dpi jpeg is available for free to railroad historical societies, museums and non-profit restoration railroad projects. If you have stayed at the St.Louis Union Station DoubleTree Hotel in the past two years you may have seen the 24”x36” version of one of these posters in your room. I am offering to donate the permission to print, my existing 11"x17" posters that can be used by your railroad museum, restoration project, or historical society for the purpose of fund raising and will provide a written permission to print the copyrighted poster of my railroad artwork. For more information about permission to print or other questions please leave a comment on this post. This offer is available only to non-profit railroad organizations. These six posters and nearly 100 others of my existing 11”x17” railroad posters, celebrating railroads of the past, are available at this time.

Here is the text of my video message from today 2/4/16:

Nothing brings me greater joy than seeing the railroad community active in the study and restoration of historic railroads and railroad equipment. Some of my first love of trains came from visiting the Sacramento Railroad Museum with my father and brother. As we walked through the displays, one Saturday a month, my fascination with railroad history took root.

Through restoration projects and railroad museums, I truly see a great expression of the joy of railroading. I see volunteers working side by side to keep equipment in tip top shape. I see projects undertaken so a next generation can learn about the railroads that built our nation.
In an era when we encourage ourselves to exercise and to get out and learn, perhaps there is no better place to do this than walking around in the safe and secure environment of a railroad museum. We learn about the contributions of our forefathers and, from that, take a step forward ourselves.
Sadly, I, like many of us, see that most museums and restoration projects have a great need for funding. They need to protect the equipment they have maintained. They have insurance costs. And the process of restoration of both equipment and museum grounds is expensive.
As a small token of my appreciation for our railroad museums and to all who restore railroad equipment, I would like to donate the permission to print at no cost one of my existing 11"x17" posters that can be used by your railroad museum, restoration project, or historical society for the purpose of fund raising. Thank you for all you do on behalf of railroad history.

Here is the link to my website where you can view most of the available 11”x17” railroad posters: https://sites.google.com/site/andyfletcherartist/home

No comments:

Post a Comment