Saturday, August 1, 2015

Montana Rail Link-The Railroad That Inspired Me To Dream Big

As a teenager, I loved Burlington Northern and taking trips to Essex, Montana in the late 1980s. At this time, Montana Rail Link was becoming a strong upstart on Burlington Northern's former Northern Pacific trackage across Southern Montana.
I was inspired that entrepreneur Dennis Washinton had leased this section of track from Burlington Northern and was starting his own railroad.  At sixteen, I was ready to start my own railroad.
The success of Montana Rail Link drove me to dream. It made me know that I could accomplish things bigger than myself. 
My mom suggested that I send my artwork to railroad presidents.  The many warm-hearted responses I received led me to becoming a railroad artist.  Montana Rail Link President Bill Brodsky, in seeing my ambition, kindly quoted Robert Browning, "Reach beyond your grasp or what's a heaven for?"  I have taken those words to heart ever since.


No comments:

Post a Comment