Saturday, July 25, 2015

Western Pacific Holds Fond Memories For Me

As I grew up in the Sacramento Valley, I had a love for the Western Pacific.  The beauty of the Feather River Canyon truly inspired me.
By the time I was old enough to take trips to the Feather River Canyon with my father, Western Pacific had become part of Union Pacific.  I, however, was still fond of seeing traces of Western Pacific's heritage throughout the West.
One of my favorite restaurants since childhood, The Old Spaghetti Factory, is located in the former Western Pacific Depot in Sacramento.  I have spent many spaghetti dinners sitting by the window watching trains heading to and from the Feather River Canyon.
Whenever I see the Feather River Route logo today, I think of my childhood and trips to both the Spaghetti Factory restaurant and the Feather River Canyon.  Western Pacific truly holds fond memories for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment