Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Western Pacific and Developing My Sense of History

Western Pacific was one of the first railroads that I developed a sense of history about.  When Western Pacific was merged into Union Pacific, I was just old enough to have appreciated seeing Western Pacific trains prior to the merger.
As Union Pacific started to run through Sacramento, I noticed that Western Pacific engines would still be on the trains.  At my local hobby shop, hobbyists wore Western Pacific shirts and hats.  As they discussed the days of Western Pacific, I began to grasp this history.
I have always enjoyed the Feather River Route and have enjoy visiting communities along the old Western Pacific.  When I eat dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory in the Sacramento Western Pacific depot, I still cherish my Western Pacific memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment