Saturday, October 21, 2023

Atlantic Coast Line GP30 905 by Andy Fletcher

Atlantic Coast Line GP30 #905 was the first Atlantic Coast Line locomotive I drew.  At the time, it was almost like I was peeling layers back further and further into railroad history, starting with the then current railroads in 1992.  Granted, there were still quite a few now historical railroads on the scene at the time including Conrail, Santa Fe, Burlington Northern, Grand Trunk Western, Illinois Central to name a few.
As I went to train shows, enthusiasts would ask for the fallen flags, and I would start by drawing railroads such as Penn Central and Seaboard Coast Line.  I quickly realized that that was not far enough into railroad history.  From there, I drew the Pennsylvania Railroad, the New York Central, the Seaboard Air Line and the Atlantic Coast Line.  As soon as I drew this Atlantic Coast Line GP30, I knew I was going to have to draw an Atlantic Coast Line Champion E-unit, as well.
See my Atlantic Coast Line artwork at customtrains.org

 

No comments:

Post a Comment