Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Crossing Cajon Pass on the Amtrak Southwest Chief


In 2010, my mom and I had driven down to Los Angeles on a trip to visit with Athearn.  We spent the night in San Bernadino and had a great view of the BNSF yards.  Early the next morning, we took a trip up the mountain to watch BNSF and Union Pacific cross Cajon Pass.  It was a great experience.
A few weeks ago, I was able to cross Cajon pass on the Amtrak Southwest Chief.  It was one thing to view Cajon Pass from afar in 2010.  Crossing the mountain on Amtrak was a whole new experience altogether.  I watched freight trains on their first and last legs of their trek across America from my Amtrak window.  It truly was being a part of the action.  I will never forget this experience aboard the Amtrak Southwest Chief.

No comments:

Post a Comment