Friday, July 24, 2015

The Story of America As Seen Aboard Amtrak

It truly was one of my life's great experiences to ride the Amtrak Capitol Limited between Chicago and Washington, DC after Amtrak Train Days in Chicago.  I have always been fascinated with the story of how our railroads built America.  Traveling this stretch of the historic Baltimore and Ohio truly was a treat.
As I relaxed and had a french toast breakfast in the dining car, I watched history roll by my window.  The scenery unfolded in a rich forest of hardwood trees which built the progress of the railroad and the cities and towns along the right of way.
As you see America from a train, your eyes truly experience the story of our country.  You see how the cities and towns connect.  You understand that a lumber mill or factory in the town that you pass sparked the growth of the communities that surround.  You truly see the story of America when you ride upon Amtrak.

No comments:

Post a Comment